Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Chop Them Off At The Knees!

I'm starting to put together some materials (on the cheap) for my two four-day Summer Adventure Games Camps with middle school students.

I want models that reflect the four basic character class in Dagger for Kids: knights, elves, dwarves, and wizards.  Starting with my bag o' 36 inexpensive knights, making a dwarf-mod was easy.  All I had to do was chop them off at the knees (and then re-glue onto the bases).

The archers in the pack have me covered on elves (the only default missile troops) who are conveniently already dressed in mail armor, but wizards are going to be a bit of a problem.  I grabbed some spearmen and started with hats!  Next step was to chop down those shield arms and then mount a simple cloak.  I plan to take some more shots once I've got them primed.


In an earlier post I mentioned the idea of fighting a naval action in the hallways and commons of the high school that will be hosting our summer camps using some cheap model ships.  I found these ships online (after a bit of hunting) for around eight bucks a piece!  They are about seven inches bow to stern.  I'm thinking maybe we should use jumbo marshmallows for cannon fire.


I'll try to post some more shots as I make progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment