Friday, January 22, 2016

Snow Day D&D

This year for Christmas my oldest received classic TSR module X4 Master of the Desert Nomads.  This is one of the adventures that I remember seeing back in the 1980s on the magazine rack in Juvenile Sales (the worst named toy store ever), but apart from reading the back cover, I never got a glance at the contents.


Today marked our first significant snow fall, and with school canceled, at my house that automatically means D&D.

So it was with great pleasure that I teamed up with my younger kid on the players' side of the screen and Barthel the halfling, Analise the elf, Quillan the thief and Jillian the cleric began their journey to thwart the eponymous "master.".

It's pretty stock stuff so far ... a bad guy magic-user on wyvern back (we nailed him with a Silence spell, blinded his mount, and had him hog-tied for interrogation before he knew what hit him) and a gang of trolls (cleric doused in flaming oil + Fire Resistance + hugs = fleeing trolls), but with the snow falling outside and Cheetos dust on everybody's fingers, this module really became a time machine, carrying me back to the best parts of my early teens.

No comments:

Post a Comment