Sunday, June 1, 2014

Postcards from Bawal Bayan


I’ve been spending a lot of time in the jungle lately, prowling the margins of Bawal Bayan as I lead my middle school students through their first experience with tabletop role-playing.  It should probably come as no surprise then that The Forbidden City and its environs have begun, like an invasive vine, probing at the corners of my everyday, waking world.  Perhaps I’m taking the dog for a walk and an unexpected flash of color among the treetops catches my eye; maybe I’m cutting the grass and I notice a strange contour from beneath that clump of fern; what’s that moving just beyond the reach of the porch light?

Scenic Bawal Bayan: Come for the View, Stay for the Brain Fever


When is the last time that a fantasy setting began to make its presence known in your imagination and invited you to become lost in it? Was it a book, film, or game that moved you outside of your corner of the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment